September 2021 NEE Superintendent Update Session
NEE hosted a Superintendent Update session on September 15, 2021, to provide updates, review features of the NEE Data Tool, and review what building-level leaders learned and processed in NEE summer training.
To help you easily access the information most pertinent to you, we have marked the times that we discussed the different topics:
- 0:00 – Introductions and Overview
- 8:19 – Housekeeping reminders: (1) multi-year agreements are now available; (2) new evaluators who still need training; (3) send old accounts to “End Employment” status
- 13:32 – Review NEE’s monthly implementation timeline
- 14:42 – Review district-level reports available in the Data Tool
- 18:10 – Discussion: What are schools focusing on this year?
- 20:00 – Discuss focus areas for NEE: (1) MSIP 6, (2) teacher turnover, (3) return to normalcy
- 24:41 – Discuss new modules available in EdHub: (1) Building Instructional Skills, (2) Culturally Responsive Teaching, (3) Effective Feedback Paths
- 30:25 – Review new Teacher Learning Organizer
- 32:36 – Review new Instructional Coach Evaluation Organizer
- 34:49 – Review new option to create a district-specific classroom observation indicator
- 40:18 – Discussion: What are ways NEE can provide support to you and your team?
- 40:46 – Discuss support available from NEE: (1) blog articles, (2) webinars, (3) office hours, (4) help desk
- 44:50 – Overview of summer training: Research that informed our approach
- 48:44 – Overview of summer training: Four Paths to Effective Feedback
- 52:20 – Options for new evaluators to complete required NEE training
- 53:55 – Review resources available in EdHub to help manage NEE in your district
- 55:10 – Review resources available in EdHub for educational leadership and feedback
- 57:19 – Ways to get in touch and stay connected to NEE
Also, several participants mentioned during the session that they are focusing on Priority Standards this school year. A module in EdHub, titled The Standards Connection, addresses priority standards and can be found in the Assessment section of EdHub.
As you have questions, or want to know more, please contact NEE at firstname.lastname@example.org or 844-793-4357.