Supervising Principals Effectively (Recording from October 6, 2021)
NEE hosted a session titled Supervising Principals Effectively on October 6, 2021. This webinar focused on the NEE principal evaluation components and how they can be used to measure the principles of effective school leadership.
To help you easily access the information most pertinent to you, we have marked the times that we discussed various topics:
- 0:00 — Introductions and agenda
- 5:39 — What do good principals do? Four primary behaviors from Wallace Foundation research
- 6:50 — Review of NEE’s principal evaluation components
- 12:29 — How to measure whether the principal engages in instructionally focused interactions
- 17:50 — How to measure whether the principal builds a productive school climate
- 19:50 — How to measure whether principal facilitates productive collaboration
- 22:23 — How to measure whether principal effectively manages personnel and resources
- 26:17 — Discussion: What actions can superintendents take to encourage the four primary behaviors exhibited by good principals?
- 34:45 — Actions that superintendents can implement throughout the year to observe principal leadership
- 36:10 — Actions that superintendents can implement to support building improvement plan
- 38:22 — The Four Paths to Effective Feedback for School Leaders: How to provide effective feedback to grow school leadership
- 45:33 — Resources available in the NEE Data Tool and EdHub to support principal supervision processes
- 48:22 – NEE contact info and ways to stay in touch
As you have questions, please contact NEE at email@example.com or 844-793-4357.